What are the goals of California’s Cal MediConnect program?
- Coordinate state and federal benefits and access to care across care settings, improve continuity of care, and use a person-centered approach.
- Maximize the ability of dual eligible beneficiaries to remain in their homes and communities with appropriate services and supports in lieu of institutional care.
- Increase the availability and access to home- and community-based alternatives.
- Preserve and enhance the ability for consumers to self-direct their care and receive high quality care.
- Optimize the use of Medicare, Medi-Cal and other State/County resources.